Housing support services
We run several schemes designed to support you if you need help with housing. Even if you do not qualify for any of these services, we can still give you advice and information.
Rent Deposit Loan Scheme
If you meet the eligibility criteria and are homeless, or facing homelessness, we can loan you money to pay your rent deposit. If we offer you a loan, you must pay this back over the agreed repayment period.
You qualify for the Rent Deposit Loan Scheme if you:
- cannot get funds any other way
- agree to repay us the funds we lend you, in regular instalments
- have a local connection, under the Housing Act 1996 (Part 7).
Housing Related Support
If you’re having trouble with your tenancy and find it difficult to live independently, we may be able to offer you Housing Related Support. This can help you with things like cooking and budgeting.
You qualify for Housing Related Support if you:
- have housing related support needs
- have a local connection to Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole
- are aged 16 or over
- are willing to work to an agreed support plan.
BCP Homechoice housing register
The housing register is the waiting list for housing provided by us or a housing association.
You qualify for the BCP Homechoice housing register waiting list if you:
- are homeless or threatened with homelessness
- are living in unsanitary or overcrowded conditions
- need to move because of an illness or welfare issue
- need to move because your personal safety is being threatened.
You also need to meet one of the following requirements:
- have lived in Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole for at least 3 years
- have worked at least 16 hours a week on a permanent contract
- have close family that have lived in Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole for at least the last 5 years.
If your household income is more than six times the Local Housing Allowance level, we will not accept your application.
Visit the government’s legislation website for definitions of the terms used on this page.