Disabled facilities and relocation grants
If you’re a disabled resident, you may be eligible for a disabled facilities grant or a relocation grant to help fund home improvements.
Disabled Facilities Grant
A Disabled Facilities Grant can offer up to £30,000 of work to help you live independently in your own homes.
To find out more, including eligibility and how to apply, see our Disabled Facilities Grant page.
If it’s hard to make changes to your home, a relocation grant could be more appropriate. You could be eligible if:
- the changes needed are inconvenient in your current home
- it’s easier and more cost-effective for you to move
- you or your landlord disagree with the changes we’ve suggested.
The grant covers some of the moving costs, including solicitor’s and estate agent’s fees and removal costs. We consider each application individually. The maximum amount you can apply for is £8,000. If you have to contribute to the costs, we’ll let you know after you’ve been means tested.
General terms and conditions
These are the terms and conditions that apply to grant-funded changes to properties:
- written consent from the owner must be provided agreeing to any work
- the work must increase energy efficiency, wherever possible
- we will not issue grants for commercial buildings, such as hotels.
Read our Policy for giving Grants for Home Improvements and Adaptations 2014/2015.