Housing Related Support

Housing Related Support (HRS) services are available to help people gain necessary life skills to enable them to live independently or to sustain their existing tenancies.

This support may include (but is not limited to):

  • managing a tenancy
  • cooking skills, laundry and cleaning
  • budgeting and paying bills
  • accessing health services
  • accessing education, training and paid work.

HRS services cannot meet care or personal needs, so please contact the Adult Social Care Contact Centre to find out if you’re eligible for other help.

Eligibility for HRS

To be eligible for HRS, you must:

  • be aged 16 or over
  • have a local connection to Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole in accordance with our Reconnection Protocol, or be resident in Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole to receive floating support
  • have recourse to public funds for accommodation-based services or the means to fund a placement
  • require housing related support
  • be willing to positively engage with the service and work towards achieving an agreed support plan.

Supported accommodation

Supported housing is accommodation with staff on site (or visiting) to provide housing related support.

Supported housing may not be the most appropriate option and cannot be used simply to meet a housing need. These services are only available to those with housing related support needs.

The SP Hub coordinates access into supported housing in the BCP area and move on options for people moving within or leaving supported housing.

Referrals for supported accommodation are made by completing the completing the SP Hub online form.  

You can save the form part-completed and come back to it later. You need to remember the login and password details you've set up. You can print the completed form for your own records.  

By submitting the form on behalf of someone, you’re agreeing that you have their permission to make a referral and that you have shown them the BCP Housing privacy notice statement. You’ll need to keep your own record of this.  

There’s guidance on how to complete the form, but if you have any questions, call 01202 817 654 or email

We’re available Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, and Friday 9am to 4:30pm.  

Floating support

This housing-related tailored support can be delivered in your own home by an allocated worker. Following an agreed support plan, we can assist you to maintain your existing tenancy as well as promoting your independence. 

Apply for floating support


email us at  If you have any queries, call us on 01202 118600.   Organisations complete the referral form and email it to you have any queries, call us on 01202 633 415 or 01202 118600  

Bournemouth residents

Complete the referral form and email it to us at

If you have any queries, call us on 01202 451 445 or 01202 794 200.  

Christchurch residents  

Email or call 01305 216 231.  

Poole residents  

Complete the referral form and email it to

If you have any queries, call us on 01202 633 415 or 01202 633 515.  

The Mental Health Floating Support service is delivered by BCHA, and referrals will be accepted with a mental health diagnosis.