Help to Let scheme - landlord incentives
If you’re a local landlord with private rented properties in Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole, you could receive an incentive of up to £2,500 through our Help to Let scheme, to provide an affordable tenancy for one of our eligible individuals or families.
We provide support and incentives to landlords who can offer affordable rented accommodation for specific local people in need of a home. In return, we’ll offer you a financial incentive, depending on the property type. Your tenant is also offered support to help them to maintain their tenancy.
Incentives of the Help to Let scheme
In addition to 1 month’s rent in advance and a deposit, we offer the following one-off non-refundable payment for each property in return for a minimum 12-month tenancy:
- studio or 1-bedroom flat: £1,200
- 2-bedroom property: £1,800
- 3 bedroom property: £2,000
- 4 bedroom property: £2,500.
Incentives are limited and there’s a high demand for studio and 1-bed accommodation.
We also offer one-to-one support to your tenants to sustain their tenancy and help to set up Housing Benefit and Universal Credit, subject to Department of Work and Pensions guidelines.
The Help to Let scheme is subject to us matching an individual or family at risk of being homeless to the property and confirmation that you have the following for each property:
- a carbon monoxide alarm installed in all properties where solid fuel is used in line with regulations
- an installed smoke alarm
- a valid Energy Performance Certificate
- a valid Electrical Safety Certificate
- a valid Gas Safety Certificate
- an Assured Shorthold Tenancy with a minimum of 12 months tenancy agreement.
Contact us using the details below if you’re a new private landlord and need advice on the above requirements
If you’re a letting agent and refer a landlord to us and we can successfully secure their property, you’ll be eligible for a £250 incentive payment.
If you have a query, please email email@example.com.