Skip to content

Keeping a pet within a council home in Bournemouth

Note: This information is only for council tenants in Bournemouth properties. If you’re a council tenant in a Poole property, please visit the PHP website.

We’re happy for our tenants to keep pets, but you must ask us first.  

We need to check that you’re able to keep your chosen pets responsibly, without causing problems for other residents.  

Sometimes, before we give permission to keep a pet, we’ll ask you to get suitable home insurance to cover the cost of any damage the pet may cause.  

There are some further limits to keeping pets if you live in senior living accommodation.  

If you cannot look after your pet in a way that meets the terms of your tenancy agreement, we may decide you can no longer keep it at the property.  

You must take full responsibility for any pets you have, as we accept no liability for pets living in our properties.  

Apply to keep a pet in your council home  

Complete our Pet Policy Application Form and return it to us before you get a pet.