Skip to content

Home contents insurance for council homes in Bournemouth

Note: This information is only for council tenants in Bournemouth properties. If you’re a council tenant in a Poole property, please visit the PHP website.

We do not insure your home contents such as furniture, belongings or decorations against theft, fire, vandalism or burst pipes, so you should consider taking out a home content policy to cover this.

Why you should consider contents insurance

If you’re a tenant who rents, then it’s unlikely that your landlord will provide insurance to cover your home contents as part of the tenancy agreement.

It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for, to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, we've teamed up with Thistle Insurance Limited who provide the Crystal Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

The Crystal Insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home, including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

Further information

To get a get a quote, or for more information: