UK Youth Parliament (UKYP)
The UK Youth Parliament is run by the British Youth Council. It gives 11 to 18 year olds a chance to use their voice in creative ways to bring about social change.
Every year, young people in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole elect:
- 2 members of UK Youth Parliament (MYP)
- 2 deputy members of Youth Parliament (DMYP).
These members represent Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole nationally. They attend national events throughout the year including:
- the UK Youth Parliament's annual sitting
- the annual House of Commons debate.
They will also:
- listen to marginalised groups
- organise events
- meet MPs
- lobby for change
- organise campaigns and appear in the media.
Members of the Youth Parliament are running the BCP Youth Fund where they are awarding funding to local organisations making positive differences to young people's lives.