UK Youth Parliament (UKYP)
The UK Youth Parliament is run by the British Youth Council. It gives 11 to 18 year olds a chance to use their voice in creative ways to bring about social change.
Every year, young people in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole elect:
- 2 members of UK Youth Parliament (MYP)
- 2 deputy members of Youth Parliament (DMYP).
These members represent Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole nationally. They attend national events throughout the year including:
- the UK Youth Parliament's annual sitting
- the annual House of Commons debate.
They will also:
- listen to marginalised groups
- organise events
- meet MPs
- lobby for change
- organise campaigns and appear in the media.