Grange ward parish by-election 2021
If the election is contested then it will be held on 26 August 2021.
To be eligible to vote in this election you need to be:
- living and registered to vote at an address in the Grange parish ward area
- 18+ years old
- British, Irish, a Commonwealth citizen or a European Union citizen (living in the uk).
How we’re making elections as safe as possible during the coronavirus pandemic
Even though restrictions will be lifted, we will still ensure that our polling stations are equipped with all the usual measures you would expect, such as:
- hand sanitisers
- signage, to ensure everyone keeps a safe distance
- encouraging face coverings (although optional).
Pencils will be available at polling stations, but you are always welcome to use your own.
We want to make sure that everyone who is eligible to vote can vote, however if you are unable to or don't want to vote in person (by visiting a polling station), then you can either:
- apply to vote by post (your application must be received by 5pm on 11 August)
- apply to vote by proxy, appoint someone else to vote on your behalf (your application must be received by 5pm on 18 August).
If your postal application has been successful you will receive confirmation from us and a postal ballot pack.
Your poll card
Providing your name is on the electoral register, you will receive a poll card which tells you where you should vote.
Some of the usual polling venues have not been made available to us this year, so please take note of your polling station address as it may be different.
If you have already chosen to vote by post then you will receive a poll card which tells you when and where your voting papers will be sent.
The following notices have been issued:
If you are interested in standing for election and you require a nomination pack to be sent, please send your request to email@example.com.