Chairman of BCP Council
We are currently updating details of councillors and dignitaries following the elections on 4 May 2023. Full details will be added as soon as possible and as information is made available.
The Chairman of BCP Council is the first citizen of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
Role, duties and responsibilities
The Chairmans role is to:
- promote the Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole (BCP) area as a place to live and visit
- promote the towns locally, nationally and internationally
- promote, liaise and link with private and voluntary sector organisations
- participate in and help initiate activities that enhance the economic, social, cultural and environmental well-being of the former boroughs and their residents
- act as host to official visitor to the town
- represent the Council at ceremonial events
- carry out all duties in a manner appropriate to the status and tradition of the office.
The Chairman also has the following responsibilities:
- to uphold and promote the purposes of the constitution
- to preside over meetings of Full Council and ensure meetings follow the procedures set out in the constitution
- to be the conscience of the Council.
How to contact the Chairman
You can contact the Chairman by email at email@example.com.