How to pay your Council Tax bill
You can pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit, online, on the phone, by cheque, at a bank or post office.
Direct Debit is the safest and most convenient way to pay your Council Tax. We offer a choice of payment dates: 1st, 15th or 25th day of each month.
Setup or change an existing Direct Debit:
Make a secure, credit or debit card payment online. You will need your council tax reference number.
When using this payment method, it will show on your bank statement as: ‘Online payment BCP Council’.
Make a secure, debit or credit card payment on our 24-hour automated payment service.
Call 01202 672 932.
You can pay us with online banking. You’ll need this information:
- account name: BCP Council – Income
- sort code: 20-68-95
- bank account number: 20627437
- your Council Tax reference number.
We cannot accept cash in person or via post. To pay by cheque, it must be made payable to BCP Council, and have your Council Tax reference written on the back.
Send your cheque to the appropriate team:
- Bournemouth residents: Revenue and Benefits, BCP Council, Town Hall, St Stephen’s Road, Bournemouth, BH2 6EB
- Christchurch and Poole residents: Stour Valley and Poole Partnership, PO Box 722, Poole, BH15 2YE.