Chairman's Community Awards
We hosted the first annual Chairman’s Community Awards this year where we recognised the community organisations and individual volunteers who make such a huge contribution to our lives across the conurbation.
The winners for each award category for 2022 are:
Chairman of the Council and Community Awards panel member, Councillor Nigel Hedges said: “I am thrilled to have presented our first annual community awards on behalf of BCP Council. Over the last couple of years we have witnessed the truly remarkable work of many individuals and community groups helping and caring for others in the community.
“A lot of the time the work goes unnoticed but the contribution is valued and this is an opportunity for us to celebrate their achievements.”
There are a few rules around the entrance criteria. Please note that:
- no serving councillors may be nominated
- no former councillor may be nominated unless more than 5 years has passed since they served
- community groups that have a councillor as a member may be nominated
- you may not nominate yourself
- the nominee's volunteering must have been done within the BCP Council area
- the judging panel may move your entry into a different category
- you must use a separate form if competing in more than one category.
We also do not accept nominations for people who carry out the activity as part of paid employment unless their contributions are above and beyond what they are paid to do. Your nomination must reflect this.
The information supplied will be treated in confidence and will only be used by those who take part in the administration and adjudication of the awards.
We may contact applicants to gain further information and we will contact nominees to seek their consent before using their information in any press campaign.