Training for health colleagues
This training consists of a series of five workshops giving you an overview of the early identification of special educational needs and / or disability (SEND).
Each workshop has activities included - for these you will need to pause the video to complete the activity before moving on. Two of the activities require you to watch an additional clip on YouTube – the links for these can be found below.
This training is split into five sessions on YouTube listed below:
Links for additional activities
- Session 3: PEIC-D in action
- Session 4: Functions of Behaviour.
Glossary of education / local authority terms
A quick reference guide to terms and abbreviations used by the local authority or education practitioners you may come across.
Useful websites links for additional advice
- BCP Early Years SEND
- SEND Local Offer for BCP Council
- BCP SEND Graduated Response and Toolkit
- Early years developmental checklist
- Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) information
- Information about Come Talk with Me.
An introduction to Wellcomm and how early years settings use it across the BCP Council area.