You can recycle textiles and shoes (clothing, towels, sheets, blankets, curtains) to the following sites.
Household items can be taken to our household recycling centres. Please check individual web pages for restrictions before travelling.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) recycling banks
The banks placed in various car parks across the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole area have been removed.
Unfortunately, the containers attracted a lot of fly-tipping and vandalism, and were often heavily contaminated with various items that are not electrical and cannot be recycled.
Residents will still be able to recycle their small electrical items at our household recycling centres.
Bournemouth recycling banks
- Queens Park West Drive car park (by the golf course)
- Woodside Road car park, Southbourne
- Durley Road car park, Westcliff
- Milburn Road car park, Westbourne
- Queens Road car park, Westbourne
- Cranmer Road car park (behind Wilko), Winton
- Hawkwood Road car park 1 (library end), Boscombe
- Littledown Centre car park, Castle Lane West.
Christchurch recycling banks
- Pitsite car park, Barrack Road
- Waitrose, 33 Fountain Roundabout
- Two Riversmeet Leisure Centre, Story Lane.
Poole recycling banks
- Branksome, Branksome Recreation Ground
- Broadstone, Story Lane car park
- Canford Cliffs, Ravine Road car park
- Canford Cliffs, Penn Hill, Canford Cliffs Road
- Canford Heath, Adastral Square car park, Adastral Road
- Hamworthy, Lake Pier car park, Lake Drive
- Merley and Bearwood, Magna Road layby
- Parkstone, Commercial Road car park
- Parkstone, Jubilee Road car park
- Parkstone, Civic Centre surface car park
- Poole Town, Sainsbury's, Pitwines Close
- Poole Town, Chapel Lane car park
- Poole Town, Dolphin Swimming Pool car park.