Bulky household waste - Bournemouth residents
If you have large or bulky household items that will not fit in your rubbish bin or recycling bin, you can arrange collection of the following:
- washing machines
- other large items.
The collection company charges a fee to remove large household items. The minimum charge is £36 including VAT.
How to arrange a collection
To arrange a colleciton, contact Watson Contract Cleaning Services. When you arrange your collection, they will ask you for your name, address and telephone number and a description of the items you would like collected.
They will confirm whether they can collect your items for you, how much it will cost and when they will collect. If you are elderly, infirm or disabled and need assistance please mention this when you contact them.
You need to put the item for collection outside your home, where you would normally put your bins for collection.
Other ways to get rid of large household items
- Dorset Reclaim is a charity that provides furniture and household items to those in the community who need it most
- British Heart Foundation will collect furniture for free
- DEBRA offers a free collection for large items. If you have furniture and electrical items in good condition, please contact the store on 01202 516917 to arrange collection or book online
- Freegle matches people who have things they want to get rid of, with people who can use them
- skipandbin.com is a skip hire price comparison directory.
If you are a Bournemouth resident you can also take items such as fridges, ovens or sofas free of charge to one of our household recycling centres.