Request an additional bin if you live in Bournemouth or Christchurch
If you live in Bournemouth or Christchurch, you can apply for an additional rubbish or recycling bin if you use recycling and food waste collections and live in a household with:
- five or more permanent occupants or
- two or more children in nappies or
- someone who has a medical condition that creates extra waste.
If you use our bag and box alternative service, you will be offered additional sacks for your extra rubbish instead of a bigger bin, your bin or sacks will be delivered within 30 calendar days. The charge for additional bags is £12.50.
If you apply for an additional bin, you are confirming that you meet the criteria. No bin will be delivered if information you provide is not correct.
There is a charge for this service:
- £45 for an additional rubbish bin
- £55 for an additional recycling bin.
If you're in receipt of certain income based benefits you may be able to have an additional bin free of charge. Please see the list below to see if you're eligible:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit - Guarantee Credit
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Support.
How we decide whether you can have an additional bin
Your application will be assessed and a Waste Awareness Officer will visit your home, they will decide if you can have an extra bin.