Household rubbish bin collections
Your household rubbish will be collected every two weeks.
We do not collect bins on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year's Day.
Depending on your circumstances, each household has been allocated one of the following two options:
- standard: 180 litre black rubbish bin
- bag and box: 2 authorised blue sacks per fortnight.
There is a charge of £12.50 per year for authorised blue sacks. Please use our online form to request sacks.
Using your household rubbish bin
Please make sure you put your bin out by 5am on your collection day.
Make sure the lid is closed and the bin is at the edge of your property, where the waste collection team can see it from the road and collect it easily.
Please do not put out any extra rubbish bags for collection.
If your bin is too heavy to be wheeled to the back of our collection vehicle, we will not be able to empty it.
What you can put in your household rubbish
- disposable nappies
- plastic film and polystyrene
- broken glass (wrapped in paper)
- cold ashes
- pet waste (including cat litter)
- medical and sanitary waste
- disposable razors (wrapped in paper)
- tissues and paper towels
- lateral flow testing kit (the test, plastic packaging and bag provided)
- personal protective equipment (masks and gloves)
- foil based wrapping paper.
What you cannot put in your household rubbish
If you cannot put your bin out for collection due to being disabled or physically unable, you can apply for an assisted collection. You should only ask if there is no one else at the property who can help.
Please see our BCP Council household waste collection guidance PDF for more information.