Skip to content
Coast Banner

Extra care sheltered housing

Living in an extra care housing scheme gives you care and support to help you live independently.  

Our purpose-built rented accommodation includes one and two-bedroom self-contained apartments. You have your own private living space with a team on site to manage the property and provide care and support when you need it.  

There are also shared facilities that you can use and enjoy, such as lounges and dining rooms, laundries and gardens.  

We have the following extra care housing schemes in Bournemouth: 

  • Hibberd Court in Ensbury Park 
  • Kingsley House in Moordown 
  • Vale Road in Boscombe.  

We have additional extra care housing schemes at Brushett House in Kinson and at Craigleith in Boscombe. These offer low, medium and high-level support and are banded in accordance with your support needs.   

Who can live in extra care housing  

You can apply to live in extra care housing if you’re:  

  • over 55 
  • eligible for our Housing Register 
  • physically or mentally frail or have a long-term condition 
  • living in housing that cannot be adapted to meet your needs 
  • already living in a care home, or are thinking of moving to one, and would prefer to live independently with support 
  • unable to pay for a private scheme.  

To find out more, get in touch with our Adult Social Care Contact Centre