Skip to content
Coast Banner

About adult social care services

We provide a range of information, advice and services to adults with care and support needs or who have caring responsibilities.  

For advice on getting help and to find out more about the help we offer, contact our Adult Social Care Contact Centre.   

We provide a range of care and support services for adults with an illness or disability, and their carers.  

Where possible, we help people to live as independently as they can in their own home.  

We provide information and advice about support services that are available from a wide range of sources.  

Some people may need support for a short time to help them regain skills and confidence, or for a longer period if they need ongoing support.  

We may assess your needs to see if you are eligible for adult social care.   

Unlike NHS support, which is mostly free at point of delivery, we may require a contribution from you towards the cost of your adult social care services.

We then ask about your finances to see how much, if anything, you can afford to pay towards the care costs.  

Check to see if you’re eligible for our support, and if not, we can still give you information and advice to arrange your own help or support.  

Everyone has the right to ask us for help and we’ll do our best to assist, either by meeting your needs ourselves or by directing you to someone else who can.  

My life my care is an online advice and information directory for adults, particularly those with care and support needs. This free, easy to use site helps you to find out information about services across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.