BCP Council's strategic priorities
As one of the UK’s newest local authorities – and the tenth biggest urban authority in England – BCP Council has an ambitious strategy to support our vision for our area:
- by leading our communities towards a cleaner, sustainable future that preserves our outstanding environment for generations to come
- by supporting an innovative, successful economy in a great place to live, learn, work and visit
- by empowering our communities so everyone feels safe, engaged and included
- by caring for our children and young people, providing a nurturing environment, high-quality education and great opportunities to grow and flourish
- by helping people lead active, healthy and independent lives, add years to their lives and life to their years
- by being a modern, accessible and accountable council, committed to providing effective community leadership.
Our Corporate Strategy and Delivery Plan sets out in detail what we will do and how we will measure our progress.