Skip to content
Coast Banner

Assessing your sight and/or hearing needs

If you feel that you may need some support to remain safe and independent you can ask your council for an assessment.  A rehabilitation officer will assess you and support you through any changes as a result of your sight and/or hearing loss. They will offer help and advice on:

  • mobility within your home and daily living skills
  • mobility and safety outside your home
  • communication needs
  • equipment to help you
  • information about support groups
  • benefits advice
  • advice on education, employment and accessing your community.

Contact us if you would like to request an assessment.

Advocacy may help you if you need help to express your views and wishes.