Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole AMHP Hub
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole AMHP Hub is part of statutory services within adult social care services. They’re a team of approved mental health professionals (AMHPs).
Services that the hub offers include:
- carrying out risk assessment and triaging all requests for Mental Health Act assessments
- linking with relatives, carers and other professionals involved in a person’s care
- ensuring that all least restrictive options have been considered
- identifying known risks to the person and to professionals in the assessing team
- coordinating and undertaking assessments under the Mental Health Act
- arranging informal and formal admission to hospital
- arranging alternatives to admission
- undertaking identification of nearest relatives
- acting as a resource to other professionals.